Introducing the library:
The library of the Institute of Nutritional Research and Food Industry and the Faculty of Nutrition of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences has a history of 40 years. This library is built on two floors with an area of about 700 square meters in the area of Gharb town.
The mission of the library:
Identify the information needs of professors, students and staff
Provide users with the scientific resources and information they need
Customer guidance and training in retrieving and using information resources
Information in relevant subject areas
Contribute to the development of educational programs in all fields of nutrition and food industry and the Institute of Nutrition Research
Contribute to the development of research programs at the School and the Institute of Nutritional Research
Help improve the specialized knowledge of library librarians
Support the educational, research goals of the School of Nutrition Sciences and the Institute of Nutritional Research by meeting the information needs of professors, students and other users.
– Use new methods of librarianship and information and advanced information technologies to make optimal use of human resources, resources, and facilities to disseminate information more quickly, increase access to it, and actively provide services. .
– Collecting a rich collection of scientific-specialized information sources and reference in the fields of activity of the faculty and improving its quantitative and qualitative level in order to meet the needs of the clients as much as possible..
– Collecting and organizing a collection of books, periodicals, audio-visual materials, dissertations, and other materials and resources needed for educational programs, research projects, and student dissertations. .
– Collecting and organizing a set of general and specialized resources .
– Provide guides and brochures to inform professors and students about library resources and services .
– Develop and implement library use training programs for students and faculty .
– Effectively organize the collection in order to increase access to it .
– Hiring and employing skilled and specialized personnel and trying to grow and improve their scientific level .
– Collecting library activities and reporting it to a superior .
Code of Ethics
Charter of Library Users' Rights Of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
Receive up-to-date science in librarianship services and information behavior within the framework of professional ethics due to the role of information in health and error reduction..
Ask the librarian for guidance in making the best use of the library and not be ignorant of his or her questions..
Take advantage of standard and ergonomic physical conditions for study. As: Acoustics, light, humidity, temperature, ventilation, tables, chairs, and other equipment and facilities
View desktops, electronic resources, the organization's website, newsletter, library news, and user training schedules.
To the library collection within the framework of the collection policy(Printed and electronic) Have access except in exceptional cases.
Each client has the right to express their views on the selection, purchase, ordering, and other library processes throughout the year..
Part of the resources of medical center libraries should be allocated to comprehensive and up-to-date disease education, and its catalogs should be sent to the relevant clinical departments, in coordination with the clinical unit manager, for information..
In the libraries of research and educational centers, information about the libraries of domestic and foreign counterpart centers should be included in the bulletin board..
Provide information consulting services in research that the researcher needs.
Respect the cultural beliefs of different clients and also do not place the field of advertising outside the goals of the organization.
Vision of the Library of the Faculty of Nutrition Sciences and Food Industry and the Institute of Nutritional Research and Food Industry
The library of the Faculty of Nutrition Sciences and Food Industry and the Institute of Nutritional Research and Food Industry of the country intends to create appropriate conditions
In the field of education, provide research in the following departments and play an effective role in promoting community health and university scientific products in the field of medical sciences:
۱- Providing printed and electronic scientific documents and resources ) Including books, magazines, databases and educational tablets (
2- Training faculty members, researchers and staff and informing
۳- Responding to clients.
۴- Upgrading and equipping the central library and the library of the affiliated units with the latest library and information facilities
۵- Employing efficient, committed and capable human resources
6- Providing services with desirable quality and increasing client satisfaction
Library Rules and Regulations
- Absolute silence in the library environment is mandatory.
- Eating and drinking in the library is prohibited.
- Library chairs can never be moved from one side of the library to the other.
- The use of mobile phones in the library is strictly prohibited.
- Observance of Islamic manners and hijab is mandatory.
- Studying while walking in the hall is prohibited.
- Students must be a member of the library:
- The book is only lent to a person who is a member of the library.
- Publications, dissertations and research projects are not trustworthy in any way and are not taken out of the library..
- Students who are not members of the library can only use the books in the library environment.
- Only the borrower in Qebal The library is responsible and accepts any excuses in case of problems is not.
- It is necessary to bring the book to renew it.
- In special cases, such as books that do not have a sufficient number of copies in the library or during exams and the like, it is not renewed..
- It is not possible to extend books that are returned late.
- For each delay in returning the books, the next time the book borrower is not lent.
- If the borrower loses the materials borrowed from the library, he is obliged to prepare and deliver it in the shortest time and it is the responsibility of the librarian to determine how it is done.
- If the lost loan materials have become scarce, the borrower must replace the book at the discretion of the person in charge and the need of the library. N.
Schedule and register workshops
- To participate in the library workshops, the representative of each class can, if necessary, refer to the research assistant and submit their application.. After the review, the workshop will be held by the deputy.
- It should be noted that the schedule of the workshop will be tailored to the needs of students.
- 10119 volumes of Persian books include 4526 titles and 5955 volumes of Latin books include 5042 titles.
- Latin magazines have about 259 titles and Persian magazines about 160 titles.
- The collection includes about 453 bachelors, 648 master's theses, 70 doctorates and about 571 research projects in the fields of nutrition and food industry..
- The library's digital resources include 3,000 Latin dissertations, documents and e-books..
Library sections included:
- Technical services department:All technical services related to library resources are performed using the university's digital library portal.
- Lending and reference section: Library lending affairs, including registration of clients and lending of resources, are done using the university's digital library portal.. The library is also equipped with electronic protection system and CCTV.
- Publications and dissertations and documents section: This section includes dissertations, standards, Persian and Latin printed journals, and research projects conducted at institutes and colleges..
- Information section and databases:This section searches for articles requested by clients from databases purchased by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education..
Library staff and job descriptions
- Head of Library
Duties: Planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling library activities
Take action and monitor the selection and purchase of required resources
Review and forecast library needs
Sepideh Ali Beyk (Head of Library)
education: Bachelor of Business Administration
work experience: 28 years
Phone:22357484 Internal 357
- Technical services department
Registration of resources, both printed and electronic
Cataloging and classification of resources
Enter resource information in the university digital library portal
Prepare resources and submit to the library repository
Attach electronic resource files to their bibliographic information
Collaborate with other sections of the library when needed
Maryam Haji Gholam Srizadi (Responsible for the technical department)
education: Master of Library
work experience : ۱۸سال
Phone Call: 22357484 Internal 357
- Lending and reference section
Guide all users to use library resources
Answering reference questions of library clients
Search and retrieve library resource information
Lending, renewal and return of resources
File and check the books on the shelves as well as the returned books
Monitoring and control of resources
Weed resources periodically
Review and evaluate resources to complete and update the library collection
Supervise study hall affairs
Carrying out matters related to the settlement and graduation of students
Doing things related to membership
محمد مفاخری (Responsible for the reference and trust section)
education: Bachelor of Library
work experience: 20 years
Phone Call: 22357484 Internal 354
- Thesis and publications section
Enter the information of general and specialized dissertations in the portal of the university digital library
Add electronic file of dissertations in the university digital library portal
Enter the information of Persian and Latin publications in the portal of the university digital library
Search for dissertations and articles for clients through the university's digital library portal
Narges Abbasgholi (Responsible for publications and dissertations)
education: Bachelor of Medical Library
work experience: ۱۳سال
Maryam Rathi (Responsible for publications and dissertations)
education: Master of Library
work experience : 13 years
Phone Call: 22357484 Internal 361
- Information section
Information section: This section searches for articles requested by clients from databases purchased by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education. Also, training workshops are held in this section..
Maryam Haji Gholam Srizadi (Information section librarian)
education : Master of Library
work experience : 18 years
Phone Call : 22357484 Internal 357
Sepideh Ali Beyk ( Workshop instructor)
education: expert of commercial managment
28 years of work experience
Call 22357484 ext. 357
Library opening hours
From Saturday to Wednesday : Reading room : 8 am to 7 pm
Thesis and publications section: 8 am to 3 pm
The library is closed on Thursdays and public holidays
In line with the operational plan, providing access to electronic resources and optimizing this research capital and in order to use these resources in a correct, effective and practical way, the university digital library portal was launched. http://dlib.sbmu.ac.ir
In 1390, the library was honored to be ranked first among the affiliated libraries of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences..